Written by Scott Greggory
January 16, 2013
Don't get me wrong: your tires need to be rotated regularly. It's just that you shouldn't do the job yourself. Here's why...
- Unless you have a professional lift that can keep all four tires in the air at the same time the job is next to impossible. Using a standard car jack to change one tire can be dangerous enough. We don't recommend using one or more jacks to rotate all four tires.
- Jacking up your car improperly or mounting a tire incorrectly can cause wheel, tire or suspension damage, which may lead to an expensive repair or an accident down the road. We have the tools and know-how to do the job right and ensure your vehicle's safety.
- Your tires may have to be rotated in a specific pattern based on the type of tires you own and the vehicle you drive. If the pattern isn't correct, your tires may not reap all the benefits of rotation.
- Simply by looking at your tires, we can often spot signs of premature wear, alignment issues or other mechanical problems.
- This may be the best reason of all not to rotate your own tires: we'll do it for you free of charge! Just click here to access our coupon for a "Free Tire Rotation and Tire Pressure Check."