NOTE: The outbreak of COVID-19 has forced NHRA to revise its event schedule. The information below was updated on March 31, 2020.
And for the second consecutive year, Mountain View Racing will participate in the series.
“We’re very excited about the 2020 season,” said Chris Mitsos, Vice President of Mountain View Tire and Auto Service. “We had a very productive winter and made impressive gains in our engine research and development program.”
The Mountain View Racing team will compete in all eight Factory Stock Showdown Races. “We’ll also be at the NMCA event in Bradenton, Florida, March 5th through the 8th,” said Mitsos.
Here’s the revised 2020 schedule.
- June 5-7 - Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals - Gainesville, FL
- June 26-28 - Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals - Norwalk, OH
- July 9-12 - Route 66 NHRA Nationals - Chicago, IL
- September 3-7 - NHRA U.S. Nationals - Indianapolis, IN
- September 18-20 - NGK Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals - Charlotte, NC
- October 2-4 - AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals - St. Louis, MO
- October 15-18 - AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals - Dallas, TX
- October 29 - November 1 - Dodge NHRA Nationals - Las Vegas, NV
The Factory Stock category is a fan favorite, according to NHRA, and continues to grow in popularity. The series “showcases the best in American automotive muscle,” including Ford Mustang Cobra Jets, Dodge Challenger Drag Paks and Chevrolet COPO Camaros.
Speaking of which, you can see the purple Mountain View Racing Camaro above on the cover of the February 28th issue of National Dragster magazine.