If you’ve ever been stranded on the side of the road with steam pouring out of your car’s radiator, you know how important the cooling system is to your vehicle. Under normal circumstances, the average car engine runs at temperatures between 200 and 250 degrees. Excessive heat can damage engine parts and any lubricants within, so the cooling system works to keep the engine temperature within safe limits.
Along with coolant, hoses, hose clamps, and a fan, your cooling system includes the following parts:
- Water Pump
At Mountain View Tire & Auto Service, we can repair and/or replace all of those components as necessary. We also can inspect and test your cooling system.
During our visual inspection, we’ll take a look at the following:
- Interior controls and blower
- Radiator coolant level, the hoses, pressure cap and thermostat
- The condition and tension of the A/C compressor belt
- Leaks and any other type of damage
Our Heating and Air Conditioning tests include:
- A pressure test of the cooling system
- An A/C system pressure check.
- An A/C system leak test
- A performance test of both the heater and the A/C (We check the outlet air temperature at the discharge vents)